Usually after graduation especially after Humanities & Commerce graduation, students opt for following four choices:-
2) Govt. entrances/Banking entrances preparation
3) C.A/C.S (Popular choice among Commerce students)
Let us just review whether above said choices are wiser decision for any graduate or not.
- Job:-Job right after completion of B.A,B.B.A & B.com is really tough to get. First of all there is neither placements in any bachelors college nor does one get a good package soon fresh out of college even if one tries to find it on its own.
- Govt.& Banking entrances:- This is a popular choice nowadays especially among youth. Anyone who does not get a job or is looking for a job change usually prepare for Govt. entrances like S.S.C. , Bank P.O. etc. Since lot many people will be preparing with you for the same hoping to crack the entrance might not pose a rosy picture because of following reasons:-
a) Tough competition:- Cracking an entrance is not an easy task especially for commerce students who are not that well versed with Math’s subject. Since majority of your entrances/aptitude test include quant and reasoning section hence not a good choice for someone who believes Math’s is not their cup of tea.
b) No pension system:- Earlier people use to prepare for Govt. Entrances because pension in a Govt. job was the lucrative factor. Govt. of India has scrapped pension system w.e.f 1st January 2004 .Hence another reason to opt for private sector since salary packages are higher in Private sector as compared to Govt. sector.
- C.A/C.S (Popular choice among Commerce students):-
Opting for C.S & C.A has always been a popular choice among commerce students but till last exam one is not sure whether you have cracked it or not. Common instances can be seen where students have wasted their 6- 7 years and could not clear their last exam hence sheer wastage of efforts, time, money & energy.
In university seats for M.A & M.Com is very limited & almost negligible. For instance M.Com seats in University Business School, Panjab University (P.U) Chandigarh is 27 Seats only. Even if one is lucky enough to secure one seat in M.Com, one needs to crack UGC NET. According to official notification by University Grants Commission (UGC) regarding change in the qualifying criteria of the National Eligibility Test (NET),Only 6 per cent of total candidates who appear in exam will be declared qualified. Hence bleak chances for anyone who think cracking UGC NET is a cakewalk .Even if one is lucky enough to crack UGC NET then also to get a job as a professor in any college ,road ahead will not be easy. For single vacancy there are thousands of applications hence not a wiser choice.
M.B.A/PG Diploma could be better alternate AND BACK-UP for anyone because of following reasons:-
M.B.A if done from a reputed college guarantees one a stronger resume, a better skill set, better job opportunities, Good Salary packages & much more.
M.B.A is the holy grail that most of the commerce graduates are running after. If you still think cracking an M.B.A entrance like CAT,NMAT, SNAP etc .is also not an easy task then you may join rms, A training partner of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS SVE)-a university among top 20 B-School with NAAC score of 3.89 out of 4.An A++ University. Under skill development initiative one may join TISS in Chandigarh campus without appearing for an entrance ”TISS NET”.
Following are benefits of joining 1 year PG Diploma courses from TISS in Chandigarh:-
- Special Weekend & Weekday batch-For working professionals & students pursuing studies & for Corporate Training’s (Corporate-Tie ups).
- Dual benefits:- Certificate of course completion /Post Graduation Diploma from TISS & Work experience certificate from Big Brands.
- TISS-a university among top 20 B-School with NAAC score of 3.89 out of 4,an A++university & TATA famous house hold brand more than 150 years old.
- Opportunity to be part of TISS without appearing for Entrance TISS-NET(Only 15 seats).
- Practical exposure in form of Internship with Big Brands & Industry Giants
- Part time & Full time Internship opportunity with Big Brands like TAJ,Marriot,Kawasaki,Axis Bank,Rellins Technology,Unoia Tech,Hamleys,Kapsons etc.
- Earn Pocket Money in form of stipend upto Rs.8000/- month during internship ‘Earn while you Learn”. Become financially independent & confident
- Guaranteed placement after course completion in Tricity i.e (Chandigarh, Panchkula & Mohali) as well as PAN INDIA.
- Best Infrastructure-SMART CLASS ROOMS-For quality education & better learning experience Lectures are delivered through PowerPoint presentation in smart class room.
- Expert & Experienced Faculty empanelled by TISS Mumbai.
- PG Diplomas are best option in case one wants to cover their gap year soon after graduation.
- In case one wants to pursue their higher studies or M.B.A from Abroad. Total 16 years of study is basic requirement to be eligible to apply in Foreign Universities. It is a great platform especially for B.com , B.A & B.B.A students to fulfill 16 years of study requirement since they are always short by 1 year.
- Fortify your current Resume & add value to your previous or current education.
We hope above article would have cleared all your apprehensions regarding which course to join after your graduation. So what are you waiting for? Hurry up!! Book your Free career counseling session with us today…
For more details you may visit www.rmsschool.com
For any queries whatsapp or call at 9988056377