Buying a house is one of the most time consuming and high energy demanding task in our lives. Before spending your earnest money deposit in buying a house, you should invest a little time in the house and neighborhood investigation so that you have a better idea of what you are going to buy. You need to be proactive and do some research of your own.
Here is a checklist which you need to fulfill before making the payment:
- Search online for information about nearby locations: It is always recommended to search information about the nearby locations through the local newspaper website, local government site, community site and related blogs, so that you will come to know about the latest happenings in terms of upcoming events and issues.
- Check for the Area’s Crime Report: You should always check the crime report of the locality, where you are going to buy house. You can go through the local police website and check the crime report of the residence using pin-code (in most cases).
- Check for the schools available: whether you are married or not, whether you have children or not, it’s always suggested to buy a house in a good school district to make sure your home maintains its value.
- Check for the local and neighborhood amenities: Always search for the amenities, local as well as nearby, especially if you are willing to have amenities like tennis, golf and swimming, supermarket, medical facilities.
- Schedule home inspection: you should always inspect the house to find out the repairs and the cost of the repairs it requires, so that you can have a better expenditure management.
- Talk to the local residents and sellers: Talk to the local residents and sellers about the community and social environment of the place, so that you can have a better idea about the location where you are going to purchase the house.
By fulfilling these entire checklists, you can get a better deal for your dream home!!!