Whether it’s a dictation test in first standard, the board exams of tenth standard, every exam comes with free bundles of stress, anxiety and sleepless nights. Due to our surging population and lack of resources, every exam is now mightier and harder but by far one of the toughest exams in the country is that of being a Chartered Accountant. In Spite of the millions of businesses and commerce students in the country, even today India has only 3 lakh CAs.
Off late, the tough has become tougher, ever since the original CPT (Common Proficiency Test) has been scrapped and replaced by the CA Foundation Exam. Where you could get a few extra points by fluke in the MCQS, you now have to solve legit accounting problems.
Nevertheless, there is nothing such as an uncrackable exam or an insurmountable height. All you need is a little extra effort and strategic planning.
Minimum Qualification: You must have passed 10+2 to qualify for taking the CA exam and should have basic knowledge about ‘Accounts.’ What ABC is to education overall, Accounts is to the entire world per se. In the end, everything comes down to numbers and thus, if you are planning to take the CA foundation exam, you better be good with basic 12th standard Accounts. You can contact the experts at RMS Management School for detailed understanding.
The syllabus is divided into the main four subjects inclusive of
- Principles and Practices of Accounting
- Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
The RMS experts say that you will need at least 4 months of diligent and religious studying if you want to clear the exam. You need focus and strategic planning. The toppers don’t necessarily study everything. They study the most important things very well and the most unusual things a little. At RMS School, the mentors focus on hand in hand training and result-oriented study. In fact it is one of rare schools which promise success and offer money back guarantee.
- Chalk Out a Reasonable Plan with leeway– Not every subject is easy and not every chapter will take the same amount of time. You need to prioritise the most important and the most difficult topics according to your own understanding. Instead of reading haphazardly, give yourself reasonable goals and proper plans. Read the difficult ones early in the morning and leave the easy ones for times when you are exhausted.
- Follow achievable, short term goals- Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will you learn everything in the first reading. Instead of thinking that you will study for 10 hours one day and 2 hours the other, study for 6- 7 hours everyday, other than coaching. The mentors at RMS school have helped many students with time tables and personalised study routines.
- Revise, Revise and Then Revise Again-The idea is read and repeat. Winners have done the extra-ordinary so many times that they don’t stop until it becomes ordinary for them. With doubt sessions and revision classes, RMS students are bound to be ahead of the rest.
- Join Coaching- The day you decide to take the exam, you need to tell yourself that you are there for long haul. Therefore, having good mentors and teachers is the best thing you can do to yourself. The concepts you are trying to learn are actually cakewalk for your teachers. They say life is too short to make all the mistakes yourself, so you need to learn from the experience of your seniors and mentors. At RMS School, there are many online and offline courses and excellent mentors who put in their heart and soul to ensure that the students clear their exams.
- Reward Yourself- Give yourself incentives in the form of study breaks, movie nights and coffee evenings. Treat yourself with good food. You perform the best, when you are happy.
- Know Statistics- Stats are the toughest nuts to crack and statistics is all the more harder for non-maths students. One strategy to clear any exam is to know what others might not. So if you score well in a difficult subject, you are already halfway there.
- Logical Reasoning- Logical reasoning also distinguishes between the good and the better. So if you practice it well, you can secure 20 marks for yourself.
- Master the Calculator- Everybody can do the calculations but not everyone is smart enough to know what formula to use where. The examiners allow use of calculators because they want to separator good from better. Therefore, it would be a prerequisite to master the calculator. You must be able to use it efficiently and know all the shortcuts so that it saves you time.
- Meditate- The capacity of human mind is unbelievable and can be extended beyond every limit. You just have to be familiar with the know hows. 10 minutes of meditation a day can reduce stress, anxiety and increase your concentration.
- Exercise- If you could just exercise for half an hour everyday or even 3 days a week, your body will feel healthier and mind more relaxed and active. Believe it or not, it’s usually the balanced ones who ace the exams and not the nerds.
- Presentation Matters- You must write your subjective papers neatly and clearly. The mentors at RMS especially emphasize on presentation and ensure that RMS students’ papers stand out.
The truth is , everyday of life is an exam and should be lived happily and faithfully. If you are faithful towards your profession and committed to succeed, nothing can stop you whatsoever.
As they not say, just be sincere towards your goal, “Even the Sky is not the limit”