B.Voc. Degree in Sales & Marketing Management
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. The B.Voc. programme is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
The course has been designed with the objective of preparing an individual to take up a career in the sales profession. To this end this course covers all the specific aspects of the sales process and in the final year also allows the student to take up the sales profession in specific industries like banking, insurance, telecom, retail, telesales and for institutional sales across industries.
• To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
• To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
• To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
• To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
• To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
• The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in one or more vocational areas and will be offered under the aegis of the University.
Diploma 1 Year
Advanced Diploma 2 Years
B.Voc. Degree 3 Years
• The approach adopted by TISS-SVE is called the Work Integrated Training programme (WITP).
• This Vocational Educational Programme is being implemented for the first time in India with a focus on job-specific skills rather than providing only a broad based education.
• The aim is to enable the students to learn the skill by engaging in on-the-job training at real shop floor of the industry/company along with classroom theoretical training.
• Through this “Earn while you Learn” approach model, the trainee may also earn a modest stipend during on-the-job duration of the course. Although, this is not mandatory for any institution, TISS-SVE strongly encourages the training partners to adopt this practice.
Eligibility for Admission
The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc programme shall be 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream.
The Vocational course is a three year program consists a combination of Practical, Theory and Generic (provided by TISS) courses. The three year program will be divided into 6 semesters; 2 semesters per year. 1st year will be a Diploma, 2nd year will be Advance Diploma & 3rd year will be a Degree. There are six semester in three years which are :
SEMESTER 1SEMESTER 2SEMESTER 3EMESTER 4SEMESTER 5SEMESTER 6
|Basics Of Sales|
|Sales Distribution Networks|
|Sales In Rural Market|
|Retails Sales and Institutional Sales (Elective)|
|Deeper Understanding of Retail and Institutional Sales(Elective)|
•First time there is a degree which can be done by any student of ANY stream be it Science, Arts or Commerce who has passed 12th standard.
•If a student quits in between the three years’ time for various reasons in B.voc. The student gets Diploma certificate after 1 year, after 2 year gets an ‘Advance Diploma’ certificate and after 3 years get a TISS-SVE certified Degree.
•Student gets a regular degree even after attending two hours of evening classes each day.
•Student will develop professional skills and professional knowledge, core skills and level of responsibility for self as well as for others.
FEES: 29,400 per year